Once again, SurgSoc is working with the team at the RVI mortuary to bring you weekly Autopsy Sessions throughout the year!
This is a rare opportunity to observe a post-mortem, giving you an insight into the process of an autopsy and the steps involved, and also allowing you to broaden and reinforce your anatomical knowledge.
These sessions are open to all members of the Newcastle University Surgical Society, who have either attended or watched the recording of the Introduction to Autopsies talk, and have signed up to the mailing list. The recording is available on the SurgSoc website, and also includes the sign-up link.
The sessions will be run weekly every Wednesday morning at 9am, and the link to sign up will be emailed to those signed up to the mailing list every Friday evening at 6pm before each session.
The dates for the sessions in the Second Semester are as follows:
- Session 1: Wednesday 22nd February
- Session 2: Friday 3rd March*
- Session 3: Friday 10th March*
- Session 4: Friday 17th March*
- Session 5: Friday 24th March*
Easter Holidays: Saturday 25th March – Sunday 23rd April
- Session 6: Wednesday 26th April
- Session 7: Wednesday 3rd May
- Session 8: Wednesday 10th May
- Session 9: Wednesday 17th May
- Session 10: Wednesday 24th May
- Session 11: Wednesday 31st May
- Session 12: Wednesday 7th June
- Session 13: Wednesday 14th June
*Note: During March, sessions will be held on Fridays, to allow those who are unavailable on Wednesday mornings to attend a session. Please note that these Friday sessions will be limited to 2 members per session, plus 1 waiting list slot.
If you would like to take part in an autopsy session and had not signed up for the first semester, please watch the Autopsy Introduction Talk (recording below), and use the link at the end of the talk to sign up for the Autopsy Session Mailing List.
Please click the link to access the slides above with the sound recording: Introduction to Autopsies 2022/23
Nicolline Coutinho – NUSS Anatomy & Autopsy Officer 2022/23